Postponed one week because of below-zero forecast: Kids in grades 4-8 are invited to anoneg Shabbat next Friday night, December 13, 7:30 - 9:00 pm at the Krebs' home (2742 Quentin Ave. S.). Come for friends, food, and food for thought! Special guests include Emily Hausman & Rabbi Joseph Robinson.
The next Darchei Noam Study Group will be , at the Rapoport home, 4605 W. 28th St., when Rachel Shapiro will lead a discussion on The Jewish relationship to midwifery and birth. We hope to see you there!
The next Social Action committee meeting will be , at the shul. All members are welcome, and encouraged to bring their thoughts and ideas for present and future social action involvements of our congregation.
In last week's thanks to the Adult Ed committee for the film and discussion with documentary filmmaker and producer Noemi Schory, we neglected to thank Bruce Stough and Bob Kusnetz for their technical expertise and house management, respectively, so... thanks!
The Darchei Noam Youth Committee invites kids in grades 7-12 to join. This is a great opportunity to become more involved in your shul, to have valuable input into programming both for your age group and for younger kids, and to develop some valuable skills! Being on this committee will entail coming regularly to meetings and taking on additional responsibilities, as your schedule permits. (Meetings are held as needed, most likely monthly or even less frequently.) All those interested should contact Shira Krebs or Miriam Garland.
weekend- Our 1st chapter Shabbaton of the year!!! Join
Minneapolis Sr NCSY as we eat shabbat meals together, enjoy a
super cholent & chat, hang out with GREAT out of town advisers,
take part in a sweet night
activity and much more...... all for only $49 (home hospitality
provided) it'll be a Jewish experiences of a lifetime! Sign up
- NCSY will be volunteering at the next Shaarim Friends N Fun Event - at Brunswick Zone from . This is a great opportunity to make a difference in the life of a child. Volunteers must be 16 or older. Please email@example.com or 952 239 0642 for more info.
- GIRL POWER-Girls Empowering Girls- NCSY joins Aish MN for an interactive workshop for girls in grades 6-8 and 9-12 focused on building positive and powerful self esteem and self confidence. Thursday December 12th at the JCC. Please note. There will be two separate sessions. Grades 6-8 , Grades 9-12 8:00 -9:00 pm. Ice cream sundaes will be served! $5 suggested donation. Please rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Save the date for a local event for Jr NCSY - . Details to follow
- Torah High Minneapolis is off to a great start. This year we started a new track for incoming 9th grade boys.
- We are glad to announce the start of a new JSU club at Park High School (in addition to Hopkins and Wayzata). We meet Thursdays after school
- Summer 2014 registration is open for NCSY summer programs. Find more info atwww.ncsysummer.com